Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rhode Island Fencing Academy moves location

I was recently directed towards this article at EastBayRI.com. It's always unfortunate when a club has to move, especially when the move is quick and unexpected. As a former student of Medeo, a club which has gone through many moves before finally ending up owning it's own venue. I thought I'd post it as an aside today, and give them my best wishes. I bet they're thankful for the quick turn around this thanksgiving. Ideally for them I guess they'd want to eventually get their own place, and set up strips, but it is such a large finantial commitment that most clubs end up renting the space.
The club at which I coach has recently moved to the nearby university. This is good because we used to coach in a martial arts dojo, and did fencing on a martial arts padded floor, which was obnoxious to train good footwork on. If you have had a club move recently, or even better, have experience trying to find a venue for a club, leave a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment